The first thing that comes to mind when you build a fence points to “security.” Any property with fencing solutions has prioritised safety measures against all kinds of intrusion. While we know that fences are not our lone camouflage against our enemies, they provide more benefits that we can think of.
Homeowners having a property with a wide garden prefer to adorn their lawns in different ways. When they engage in landscaping or installing decks, fences are a common partner to these undertakings.
Adding a fence means many things. Most homeowners with large backyards are allowed to have a fence built around their property. But it still depends on the local government regulations in your area. Whether your property is small or large, you have a lot of reasons for having your property fenced.
Let us lay down the benefits of fencing your property.
- Privacy and safety—who wouldn’t want privacy? Properties without a fence do not really pose a problem to the neighbourhood, if that is the way homes in the community or village were designed. But a fence offers a significant amount of privacy. If you have a fence, you have a certain level of privacy. It is very useful when you want to seclude the pool if it’s fronting your house. Plus, without a fence, anyone, including stray animals can enter your property without permission. Surely, you wouldn’t want that to happen, especially picking up animal poops in your garden. Additionally, you can ward off nosey neighbours through the presence of your fence.
- Shelter—The fencing structure is not the canopy type that can literally offer you shelter or roof covering. Its function is to serve as a barrier against the outdoors by the street. A fence, whatever type it is, protects your garden or lawn from any element that could harm your property.
- Design—Fences increases your home’s resale value. Depending on the type of fence you have installed, it surely added that decorative appeal and character to your home. If you opt for a wooden fence, there are unlimited designs available. Composite materials that emulate wood are also popular to keep you off the extra cost and frequent repairs.
- Sound/Noise—With fences you can protect your household from annoying sound from your neighbourhood. If you have neighbours who frequently hold parties, sing out loud, dance all night, or have construction that uses heavy and noisy equipment, then your fence may serve as a refuge from all these things.
- Increased property resale value—anything that you add to your property is a huge asset that can determine the increased value of your property. Though you are not compelled that upon adding a fence you sell your home. This is just a way how we value the things we add to our home or enhance its aesthetics. The more your home gets an upgrade each time, the more it increases its worth. So in the future, when you plan to move to some place and buy another property, you’re going to receive a bigger take when you sell your home.
- Setting boundaries—Clearly, your fence will determine the extent of your property. It provides you an opportunity to manage your extra space. If you have a fence, you will know when and how your neighbour has been encroaching your property. One way to tell this is through the trees that are near the boundaries.
Build your fence now. Get to choose from the different types of fences by knowing what complements your home’s design. For more information about fencing and the benefits of having them, specialists in Bristol Decking Pro can guide you and help you. Reach out to us and one of our representatives will address your concern.
Enjoy our no-obligation quote if you need to have an idea how much you will spend on a fence project.